Thursday, September 24, 2009

Primary and Secondary Colors

End of the Week Art Lesson

My wife, Sarah ("Mrs. Kelly" to my class), a former elementary school teacher and art aficionado, is kind enough to come in every so often and teach art to my class each year. Today's lesson was on primary and secondary colors. Students were taught how primary colors are mixed to make secondary colors. So I ask my students to ponder the following questions:

  • Do you remember which two colors mixed make green?
  • What color is created when red and yellow are mixed?
  • What is the remaining secondary color?

This also means that my two youngest children tag along.

Kate

Isaac


Here the students are mixing their colors.



The result, a color wheel that accurately represents both the primary and secondary colors. Nice work Room 207!


3 comments:

  1. mrkelly i like when mrs kelly does art with us
    she teaches great cool she is really nice!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we play save fred again. Alfonso

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah lets play save fred again?Kymon

    ReplyDelete